Looking to read the most recent issue of the New York Researcher? Click here
The New York Researcher is a colorful quarterly that is a benefit of membership in the NYG&B. Covered subjects include informative articles on New York genealogy, news, book reviews, announcements, and NYG&B programs.
A searchable, complete run of the New York Researcher and its predecessor publication the NYG&B Newsletter, which was first published in 1990, is available on our website to NYG&B members. Search the Researcher archive.
The feature articles of the New York Researcher have made it a particularly useful research tool for New York genealogists. These articles cover topics such as
- Descriptions of sources for New York genealogy, such as probate, church, and census records.
- Descriptions of holdings of other New York State libraries and record repositories.
- "How to" articles on New York genealogical research, both statewide and for particular counties or cities, religious or ethnic groups, or time periods.
- Lists of accounts of New York families "hidden" in multi-family works, manuscript collections, and periodicals.
- Articles on New York families published in other periodicals, past and present.
Submitting Material to the New York Researcher
If you have a story idea for the New York Researcher, or would like to write an article, note, or book review, or have a book to submit for a book review in the New York Researcher, please see the New York Researcher article submission guidelines, then contact the editor.