Newtown (now Elmhurst), Presbyterian Church
This volume contains transcribed records of the Presbyterian Church in Newtown - known today as Elmhurst - in Queens County, New York.
Researchers must note that entries are missing for certain dates and years.
- There are no marriages recorded between April 22, 1744 and December 31, 1746 as well as the years 1787, 1788, 1804, 1805 and 1854.
- There are no deaths recorded for 1746, 1775 and 1854.
This volume is text searchable – searches entered in the fields on this page will query this volume. The images can also be browsed by clicking the links below, which will take you to the beginning of the section you are interested in reading.
- List of ministers
- List of all Baptisms Recorded, 1727-1882
- List of all Marriages Recorded, 1709-1881
- List of all Deaths, 1782-1882
- Notable Corrections
Along with names and dates, useful information about the congregation and the church’s history are provided for readers.
These transcriptions are part of Collections of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, Volume VIII, which was published 1928 by the NYG&B.
Suggested citation for this collection:
New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, “Queens County Religious Records” digital images, New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, (www.newyorkfamilyhistory.org), 2020.