This collection contains transcribed gravestone inscriptions from cemeteries located in Dutchess County, New York.
Researchers can browse digital images from this collection, but the records cannot currently be searched.
Read below for a complete list of all cemeteries included in this collection. Click the waypoint links to view images from that cemetery.
Assorted Cemeteries in Dutchess County
This volume contains transcriptions of gravestones in cemeteries across Dutchess County and parts of Connecticut.
Images can be browsed, but cannot currently be searched. Click the waypoint links below to view transcriptions from each cemetery.
- Quaker Burying Ground, Haviland Hollow
- Gerew Burying Ground, Haviland Hollow and also New Fairfield, Ct.
- Orthodox Quaker Burying Ground, Quaker Hill
- Hicksite Quaker Burying Ground, Quaker Hill
- Taber Cemetery, Quaker Hill
- Private Cemetery, (Caldwell), Quaker Hill
- Private Cemetery, (Allen and Ferris), Sherman, Ct.
Names are organized by cemetery. Useful notes are provided for each cemetery, which include historical context, descriptions of the location, and the general state of the cemetery when the transcriptions were done.
These transcriptions were compiled by Josephine C. Frost in 1909.
Suggested citation for this collection:
New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, “Dutchess County Cemetery Records” digital images, New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, (www.newyorkfamilyhistory.org), 2019.