NYG&B Membership Benefits
Membership in the NYG&B provides exclusive access to New York records, publications, and essential tools for anyone researching in New York.
Access to New York records
Full access to the NYG&B eLibrary including:
- Religious records from across the state of New York
- Cemetery, probate, court, and other records
- The full run of New York's largest genealogical periodical, the Record and the New York Researcher
- NYG&B publications (including record abstracts)
- More than 25 New York titles in the WPA Historical Records Survey series
- Other digitized NYG&B collections
All members receive a complimentary subscription to Findmypast, with exclusive extras for NYG&B members, including the PERiodical Source Index (PERSI), the U.S. census 1790-1940, vital records, immigration records, and millions of other sources to search.
Members also receive a print subscription to the New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, featuring compiled genealogies, problem-solving articles, unique source material, and book reviews.
Tools and resources to expand your knowledge
All members receive full access to the New York Knowledge Base, which includes:
- Guides to researching each of New York's 62 counties.
- More than 100 articles on key topics in New York genealogy
The NYG&B also rotates titles from Kinship Books every other month - see our current publication.
NYG&B members also receive a subscription to the New York Researcher, with instructive articles on genealogical research techniques and resources (mailed to you four times per year)
We offer a variets of webinars, recorded lectures, and other programs, available for members to view on-demand at any time.
Members who live far away from major New York repositories (New York City, Albany, and Syracuse) will also benefit from the NYG&B's research services, which can be used to retrieve records or assist in more in-depth projects.
Invitations to exclusive members-only events
Early notification and discounts on programs with top speakers in the field, repository tours, and special events.
Savings for every genealogist
NYG&B members receive the following discounts:
- Exclusive discounts on selected NYG&B publications
- Early registration discounts to NYG&B events
- 63% discount on the purchase of a Findmypast World subscription
- 25% discount on the purchase of JPASS from JSTOR
- Discounts on DNA testing through FamilyTreeDNA
Patron members enjoy exclusive benefits and provide philanthropic support that enables the NYG&B to better serve New York researchers everywhere. Learn more about Patron membership in the NYG&B.
The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society is a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.