We're sorry - this page is for NYG&B members only.
Already a member?
Benefits of membership
Members of the New York G&B all share a deep appreciation for the history and families of New York State, and many of history's most prominent New Yorkers have been a part of the society. Today, our society offers more to members than ever before:
- Access to exclusive digital records.
- Hundreds of New York State research help articles, authored by experts.
- Priority registration and discounted tickets for NYG&B research trips, workshops and special events.
- Print subscriptions to The Record and The New York Researcher.
- Members-only discounts in our online store and with our partners.
If you're not yet ready to join the NYG&B, we invite you to explore our many free resources.
Blog and social media
The NYG&B email newsletter
We also send out an email newsletter every 2 weeks, filled with great NY State research tips and genealogy news. Our eNews always contains links to our most recently published blog articles. Sign up here:
We have produced a series of valuable genealogy guides that are open to the general public. These are excellent resources for those researching in New York State:
- New York State Vital Records Guide
- Featured New York Repositories for Genealogy
- A Selection of Major Cemeteries in New York State
- New York Newspapers Available Online
- Articles about New York Research Published in Journals Outside New York
- Guide to Repositories in the New York Metro Area
- Using Maps for New York State Research
- Genealogical & Historical Societies in New York City and State
- Selected Hereditary & Lineage Societies
- Hiring Professional Genealogical Researchers