NYG&B Seeks Genealogical Researcher
The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society (NYG&B) is seeking to add additional genealogical researchers to our team. Researchers will have the opportunity to become involved with a variety of activities including hourly research, consultations, written narratives, and special projects.
- Complete hourly research projects for members of the NYG&B community, largely focused on families from New York City and New York State.
- Provide individual consultations with members of the NYG&B community.
- A demonstrable expertise in researching families from New York and surrounding regions (including materials available online, onsite, and in repositories).
- An understanding of the principles related to DNA and family history research.
- More than 5 years of experience in working as a professional genealogist.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects seamlessly and simultaneously.
- A commitment to and understanding of the NYG&B’s mission.
- A self-starter who enjoys working independently and as part of a larger team.
- Remote working opportunities can be discussed.
- This opportunity is open to all, including those desiring an independent contractual relationship with the NY&G&B or work as a part-time employment (with associated benefits).
- Compensation depends on experience and final arrangements between the NYG&B and the genealogist.
To apply provide a resume, cover letter, and a genealogical research sample to:
D. Joshua Taylor, President
New York Genealogical and Biographical Society