This volume is a farm directory with a reference book and road map for 1917. The full volume covers Monroe and Livingston Counties.
This volume is text searchable—text searches entered from this page will query all text in this volume.
Researchers will find listings arranged by last name followed by first name and second initial, if applicable. If married, the wife’s names appear in parenthesis. Information on the farms and their owners can provide direct material related to ancestors. This directory can give researchers a glimpse into what kind of work was necessary for an ancestor to farm a certain crop, including the requirements land needed for a crop as well as what kind of tools were needed to make a living and maintain a business.
Other information in this directory includes:
- Name of children
- Business or occupation
- Chief crop or specialty (grain, apples, etc.)
- Number of acres and lot numbers
Use the waypoint links below to jump to a specific section, or to get an overview of what can be found:
- Table of Contents
- Monroe County Government Officials
- Agricultural Statistics for Monroe County
- Livingston County Government Officials
- Agricultural Statistics for Livingston County
- Index to Advertisers
- Monroe County Farm Directory
- Information on Farming Types in the United States
- Livingston County Farm Directory
- Classified Business Directory of Monroe and Livingston Counties
This book was published by the Orange Judd Company in 1917.