Exploring our Past: Heritage Tour of the Netherlands and Amsterdam
Please join the NYG&B for an exclusive guided tour of the Netherlands April 7-13, 2019. This tour includes a group guide for the five-day tour, hotel and breakfast each day, travel to attractions, and museum tickets. You’ll also have time to explore on your own.
Aided by onsite experts and anchored in Amsterdam, follow in the pathways of New York’s past as we explore and learn through a week of private tours, educational events, and sightseeing.
Highlights include lectures relating to trade networks between New Amsterdam and the Netherlands, the pilgrim tradition, private canal cruises of Amsterdam and Rotterdam, visits to the Historic Amsterdam Museum and Mauritshuis museum, and other unique experiences.
Sunday, April 7, 2019
- Arrive in Amsterdam anytime
- Welcome Cocktails and Introductions
Monday, April 8, 2019
- Museum Tour, City Walk, and private canal dinner cruise (highlights of Amsterdam)
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
- Travel to Leiden, home of many Plymouth Pilgrims
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
- Explore Amsterdam archives and museums
Thursday, April 11, 2019
- Travel to Rotterdam, port of emigrant embarkation, and visit to Old Pilgrim Fathers Church
Friday, April 12, 2019
- Travel to The Hague for museums and historic quarters
- Group Farewell Dinner
Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Optional Group Breakfast and departure
We will be staying at Hotel JL No 76, a 4-star hotel, in 2 completely renovated 18th-century mansions in the heart of Amsterdam's museum and fashion district.
Trip pricing begins at $5,295 per person, based on double occupancy, with a 50% deposit required on registration. The single supplement is $1,400.
There are supplemental packages available that include research and a customized itinerary with an NYG&B genealogist.
Please contact Jen Davis at 212-755-8532, x208 or [email protected] for more information or to book your trip!